Rain Affected Junior Game Rules
To help clarify how to complete the rain affected two day game scheduled for 12/11/10 and 19/11/10 we have included an exerpt from the CMCA by laws. Hope you all understand it!
184.108.40.206 In any game where play is interrupted or commencement delayed by inclement weather or ground conditions for a cumulative total of more than 30 minutes on the first day, the team batting first has the option of:
- declaring its innings closed at any time after 25 overs have been received (see 220.127.116.11), or
- batting on and receiving the normal scheduled number of overs, at which point its innings must close.
Under these circumstances, the remainder of the game shall revert to ordinary conditions (By-Law 6.2.4).
However, if major interruptions in play result in less than 20 overs being bowled on the first day, the match shall be rescheduled to a one-day game on the next scheduled day of play. In the event that the first day is uninterrupted but a cumulative total of more than 30 minutes of play is lost on the second day, the remainder of the game shall revert to ordinary conditions.
6.2.4 Ordinary Conditions – For two-day games, when loss of time due to a delayed commencement or interruption of play (caused by inclement weather or ground conditions) results in a game reverting to Ordinary Conditions, this shall mean that:
- there shall be no requirement for equal division of batting time or overs, innings shall conclude as laid down in By-Law 18.104.22.168.
- on any day where more than 30 minutes of play is lost, that day’s play shall cease at the prescribed finishing time (7:00pm) if started at 4:30pm, if the game starts later play must finish no later than 2 1/2 hours after the amended starting time, irrespective of the number of overs bowled.
- unless a clear-cut result is obtained (that being a first-innings decision, an outright win, or an outright tie), the match result shall be deemed a draw.
For the purposes of this rule, the delayed commencement provision shall not apply to one-day games, which shall be played as outlined in By-Law 6.2.2”.